Travelling with a dog in the car can be difficult. This list of essentials for…
Actif Pets flax oil for dogs is a natural supplement that helps dogs with stiff joints or itchy skin. My dog has recently been trying it out.
I was sent the Actif Pets Flax oil for my dog to try. My opinions are honest and my own. This post may contain affiliate links. These are marked.
Any dog owner will know that a dog is a member of the family. You want to keep them in the best of health so they have a long and active life.
Dog food these days comes packed with plenty of essential nutrients for dogs. There are times when you might want to supplement your dogs diet with healthy oils containing Omega-3 and Omega-6. These oils will help keep his coat shiny and his joints flexible.
Actif Pets Flax Oil for Dogs
I have a dog, Eddie, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He has been a friend and loyal companion for a number of years. Whilst Eddie is a lovely dog, he can be a bit of a diva. He will often lie there and squeak until you pet him.
Like most King Charles Spaniels, Eddie has a gorgeous silky coat. This needs regular brushing and is prone to shedding. Recently he began shedding more than usual. There is nothing worse than having dog hair over the carpet and your clothes.
To try and combat the problem I have been adding Actif Pets flax oil to his food. I was kindly send a sample for him to try out and see what I thought.
Read more: A dog day in the life of Eddie
What is Actif Pets Flax Oil?
Flax oil, or linseed oil is an oil made by pressing the seeds of the flax plant. The oil contains a high concentration of Omеgа-3 and Omеgа-6 oils, which are also found in fish oils. These oils help to boost heart health and a shiny coat. Flaxseed oil also helps with mobility for arthritic dogs.
Actif Pets is a family business based in Kent. They grow linseed on their family farm in Yorkshire and press the seeds manually to extract the oil. The cold pressing process ensures that all the essential nutrients in the flax oil are kept intact. Actif Pets Flax oil is 100% natural and has no additives or preservatives.
If you want to give your dog fish oils but do not like the fishy smell, flax oil is a great alternative.
How do I give Flax Oil to my dog?
The Actif Flax Oil packaging makes it clear exactly how much flax oil you need to give your dog each day. The dose depends on the weight of your dog.
At the top of the bottle is a dispenser which allows you to measure out the amount of oil you need. This is useful but unfortunately the smallest amount marked is 10ml and the dosage amount for my dog was less. To get the right amount you can use a syringe.
I put the oil into Eddie’s food. I did wonder if he would notice but he just ate his food without stopping.
Read more: A dog friendly holiday in Scotland
Effects of Actif Pets Flax Oil
Actif Pets say it takes three to four weeks of consistent use before you will see visible results.
Eddie has been trying out Actif Pets flax oil for around six weeks now. It has really made a difference to his coat. He is not losing nearly as much fur. His shedding is much more manageable and we are no longer finding clumps of hair on the floor.
In addition his coat looks much shiner and he seems to be more active and alert. Recently Eddie was diagnosed with arthritis. This has been causing him pain when he moves and jumps. Since starting the Actif Pets flax oil he seems to have been in less pain and a bit more lively.
I am really happy with the difference that adding flax oil into Eddie’s diet and would happily get Actif Pets oil again.
Can flax oil cause health problems for a dog?
Like anything, if you give your dog too much flax oil it might cause problems. These include weight gain and pancreatitis. If you stick to the recommended dosage for the weight of your dog it should be fine. Ask your vet if you are concerned.
Where can I buy Actif Pets Flax Oil?
Active Pets Flax Oil is available on Amaxon. 1 litre 15.99 500ml 10.99 (affiliate link) Actif Pets Flaxseed Oil for Dogs is available on Amazon. A 1 litre bottle is £15.00 and a 500ml bottle is £10.00
Have you ever tried flax oil for your dog? What did you think? Let me know below.
Win a 500 ml bottle of Actif Pets Flaxseed oil for dogs
Does your dog need a pick me up? Would you like to win a 500 ml bottle of Actif Pets Flaxseed oil for your dog? Actif Pets have kindly given me five bottles to give away to my readers.
To enter the giveaway make a comment telling me about your dog and why they might benefit from Actif Pets flax oil. When you have done this come back and fill in the rafflecopter widget to confirm your entry. This is a mandatory entry. If you really want to win you can gain additional entries by subscribing by email, following on twitter, tweeting on twitter and visiting facebook. These are all optional entries.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- There are five prizes of 500 ml bottles of Actif Pets Flax oil. An amazon voucher will be supplied so you can order this from Amazon – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Dragons and Fairy Dust and Actif Pets.
- Closing date for entries is on 11:59pm GMT on 19th February 2019
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment on the blog answering the question.
- Optional entry methods are to follow on twitter, visit facebook and instagram, tweet on twitter and subscribe by email. Subscribing by email means you will get an email notification of new blog posts.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Automated entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with within 5 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Actif Pets is responsible for prize fulfilment. An Amazon voucher to allow you to order the Actif Pets Flax oil will be sent within 28 days
- This is a joint promotion between Dragons and Fairy Dust and Actif Pets
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions