Figs are one of those things that I have eaten many times in dried form.…
I know that pancake day has passed but having successfully made Blueberry pancakes I had been wondering about making Strawberry ones. My son was disappointed I hadn’t tried on pancake day so as I had some strawberries in the fridge I decided to give it a go. I wasn’t sure how well strawberries would cook inside the pancake so I went for a sweet filling inside the pancake and topped them with the strawberries. I was very pleased with the result which was delicious.
Strawberry Pancake Recipe
This is the recipe I used for these Strawberry Pancakes:
To make the pancakes.
- 125g (4oz) plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml (½ pint) milk
- Put flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the milk and the egg.
- Whisk well.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and gently pour a thin layer of the batter into the pan.
- When the first side is golden flip with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Place on a plate
For the filling
- 225g (8oz) cottage cheese
- 75g (3 oz) cream cheese
- 50g (2 oz) castor sugar
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla essence
To complete the pancakes
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 275g (10 oz) strawberries, chopped into bits with stalk removed.
- Put the cottage cheese, cream cheese, vanilla essence and sugar into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add 15ml (1 tbsp) filling to each pancake and fold it up.
- Melt the butter in an oven proof dish and add the pancakes
- Cook in the oven at 180C 350 F Gas Mark 4 for ten minutes until warm
- Add the strawberries on the top and enjoy.
I was a bit unsure how the combination of cheese inside would work but I have to say these pancakes were really tasty and I would definitely make them again.