I love mushrooms, they are one of my favourite vegetables. If I could eat them…
I love mushrooms, I buy them every week and add them to lots of different dishes. This week when I went to do my shopping I wasn’t able to get a big box of small mushrooms as they were stocking the shelves. Instead I had to buy a packet of four giant mushrooms. It seemed a shame to chop them into small pieces so I decided to come up with a way to use them. I used the other ingredients I had in and ended up creating Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.
I used goats cheese and also added some basil and garlic. The end result was rather tasty and you can serve these as a starter with salad or on the side of a main dish. They would also be nice with a cooked breakfast. My son wasn’t keen but he doesn’t like mushrooms much. He actually ate all the topping which he said was nice and left the mushroom.
They are very easy to make, if you want to try them this is the recipe.
Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Four large mushrooms
- Three Ripe Tomatoes
- 6oz Goats Cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet and remove the stems
- Place the stems in a bowl and chop into small pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes into small squares and the goats cheese into pieces. Add to the chopped mushroom stems and mix.
- Add the basil, garlic and black pepper and mix.
- Place the mixture in the centre of each mushroom.
- Bake in the oven for ten to 15 minutes.
Read more: Layered cheesy vegetables