It is nearly Halloween, a day when children love to get dressed up and go…
Are you looking for Halloween party food ideas? These two recipes are simple to make but look effective on a plate. Why not spook your guests with them?
Are you planing a Halloween Party? It can be hard to think of nibbles that your little ghosts and ghouls will enjoy, that are easy to make and look spooky on a plate. This weekend I have been busy in the kitchen and came up with a couple of ideas for Halloween party food. They are simple to make but look ghoulish on a plate. Kids and grown ups will love them.
These are savoury Halloween food ideas which work well as part of a Halloween buffet. They are easy to make leaving you time to plan your costume.
Halloween Party Food Ideas
Ghoulish mummy pizzas are quick and easy to make and taste nice. Use muffin halves as the base, layer on tomato sauce and use strips of cheese to make a bandage effect. Jalapeno peppers are great for the eyes but olives could also be used. These were a big hit with my son who loved the effective look.
Read more: Spicy pumpkin soup
Mummy Pizza Recipe
- English muffins
- White Cheddar
- Jalapeño peppers
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cut the muffins in half
- Spread passata over each muffin half
- Cut the cheese into strips and lay on the muffins to look like bandages.
- Add the jalapeño peppers to look like eyes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for ten minutes until the cheese has melted
Mummified Hot Dogs
Everyone love hot dogs, but how about mummified hot dogs? A simple variation on a sausage roll with the hot dog wrapped in shortcrust pastry, with a little space left for the face. Eyes can be added with ketchup or mustard after they have been baked for a more scary look. They taste nice and look effective as well.
They are actually very filling as well so perfect to eat after a hard night trick or treating. Serve them with a bowl of mustard on the side for dipping into and you have an ideal party snack.
For a sweet treat you could make some pumpkin pie. It is a great way to use up the pumpkin insides after you have carved your pumpkin.
Read more: How to make pumpkin pie
Mummified hot dogs recipe
Mummified hot dogs
- Jar of jumbo hot dogs
- Pack of shortcrust pastry
- Ketchup or mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cut the hot dogs into halves.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into fine strips
- Wrap a strip of pastry around the top and bottom of each hot dog leaving a gap for the face.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden
- Add two daps of ketchup or mustard to look like eyes
Why not pin the recipes for later?
Do you have any great Halloween party food ideas? Let me know below.