Have you ever played a game where you pretend that you have all the money…
Everyone who owns their own home aims to upgrade it in some way at some point. Adding high-end features to your house not only adds value, but it gives you a little more luxury while you’re living there. Your house needs to reflect who you are as a person, which means that this creature comforts you love so much should always be included! The thing is, you deserve to add the luxuries that you want to your home if you want them! You just have to figure out which ones will be best for your particular house.
There are plenty of articles out there from professional interior designers who will tell you all about which luxuries you should add to the house, from a new Victorian style greenhouse to the upgrade of your hardwood flooring. The question you must ask yourself is what YOU want for your home that suits you. If the house is sold one day, you want to know that you made the right renovations now to give it some life. With this in mind, here are some of the best luxury home upgrades you need now.
- A brand new bathroom. Can you really have a luxury home without a new bathroom remodel? We don’t think so, either. A bathroom switch up is going to transform your house in an instant, despite the fact that the bathroom is one of the smallest spaces in the house. With newer features, you can really improve on the look of your bathrooms and you can go one by one adding better lighting, modern tiling and new flooring.
- Bring the outside in. Houseplants really do make a difference to the way that your home looks. You can bet that you will be able to instantly breathe life into any space in the house. Whether you add fake ones or real ones, your plants are going to make your house really pop.
- Upgrade colours to neutral ones. You might have the brightest home around, but one of the best transformations that you can make to the space to add luxury is neutral colours. Think beige and taupe walls, florals and more. Each of these are going to help to elevate your home and give it that polished, luxury look you’ve been looking to achieve. You can extend this look out into the yard, too, especially when you add neutral coloured flowers outside, too.
- Wallpaper the place (but not permanently). You might have heard it, but adhesive wallpaper is all the rage right now! If you want to add a fresh look to any room, temporary wallpaper is going to make the difference between a luxury look or not. You can explore new colours and patterns, and you might decide to upgrade your theme for the rooms based on that!
- Changing the upholstery. One of the nieces luxuries that you can add to your home is a brand new upholstery job on your furnishings. You don’t have to replace all of the soft furniture in the house to create a luxury look this way, either. This project costs less than new furniture and yet has the same effect. You can change everything from the dining suite to the sofas!
- Move outside. A luxury home upgrade includes changing the way you grow your plants in the garden, perhaps even adding a greenhouse or two. Your backyard needs to reflect the inside of your home, so while you won’t be adding a lawn to the living room, you might choose to add furniture outside! Consider the way in which you grow your plants, first.
- A touch of this and that. Sometimes, luxuries mean that you’re adding just a little something rather than a whole lot of new things. Touches of metallics and colour in spaces that are more neutral in nature will really make a difference to the rooms in the house, adding luxury you didn’t know you could achieve.
- Upgrade your lighting. It’s a great and easy fix for the house if you want to add luxury to the room, but lighting will make all the difference to how you see things – literally. You can update the kitchen lights from ceiling lights to pendant ones, and you can add a lot of new and standout lamps to the living and bedroom spaces to change the way the room looks in its entirety.
- Add more space. One way to add a luxury upgrade is to expand the space entirely. It’s one of the best options to make your house feel more luxurious and it’s going to add value to your home, too. Whether you extend the property itself or you add another room to one side to expand the living space, adding more space is going to offer you an immediate transformation that you didn’t know you needed.
- Convert your loft space. We just talked about adding space to the house, and you can do it when you choose to convert your loft from a storage room into a living space. You can add a bedroom, a bathroom suite, a living room or you can add a whole office up there. The options are pretty endless if you want to use the loft for something new!
- Upgrade your windows. The windows are the eyes of the house, but you want them to be decorated properly to make your house look great. Start with a great clean, and then look to see whether the wood frames need to be repainted or upgraded before choosing whether you should add shutters or rip them out completely and replace them with new ones. You can choose to take down some windows and add bi-folding doors, too. Either way, you have a lot of choices when it comes to upgrading the windows.
Your home needs a little more luxury from time to time. When you have endless choices, you need to consider where to start and which upgrades will give you the boost your house value needs.