These tasty banana muffins are great for breakfast or a tasty lunchbox treat. The delicious…
At the weekend I took a mad notion to do some baking. I decided I would be a little bit adventurous and try a couple of recipes that I have never tried before. The first one I tried was Blueberry Muffins. I love muffins, they are a great treat. I am not sure why I have never tried making them before as they worked surprisingly well. This is the recipe I used.
- 10 oz (300 g) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 oz (125 g) caster sugar
- 2 oz (50 g) butter
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz (150 g) natural yoghurt
- 7 oz (200 g) fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- Put the flour, baking soda and sugar into a bowl and stir together.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, vanilla essence, and yoghurt and stir until they are just combined.
- Add the blueberries and stir gently. It should end up looking a bit like this:
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and place on a baking tray. I actually managed to get 14 from the mixture rather than 12.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C (400 F, Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes until the tops have cracked and turned golden brown.
This is the finished result and I have to say they were really nice.
Other posts you may be interested in: