I have been taking part in the Capricorn Challenge, where I was challenged to come…
Both my son and I love pasta but my husband is not so keen. One night when he was out I decided to try creating a pasta recipe using Capricorn Goats Cheese. I had a few different vegetables and thought I would try making a Roasted Vegetable and Goats Cheese Pasta. I was hoping it would be a quick and easy meal to make which did not require that much effort. This is my recipe.
Roasted Vegetable and Goats Cheese Pasta
- Tomatoes on the vine, I used about six
- One red onion
- One red or yellow pepper
- Capricorn Goats Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Pappardelle Pasta
- Pre-heated the oven to 190C, 375 F
- Chop the tomatoes, onion and yellow peppers into chunks.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and toss the chunks of tomato, onion and black pepper in until they are evenly coated.
- Put in a roasting tin and sprinkle with black pepper
- Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes until the tomatoes have softened and look slightly browned.
- In the meantime prepare the pasta according to the instructions. Normally you need to boil it in water that has been slightly salted for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water in a colander and put the pasta on the plates.
- Sprinkle the goats cheese onto the roasted vegetables and placed the vegetables on the top of the pasta.
This was the completed dish.
I was very pleased with it, the cheese really complemented the roast vegetables and it was one of those meals you could just leave to get on with cooking without having to supervise that much. I think that you could also add some pieces of ham or chicken to this dish if you fancied a bit of meat with your meal and it would also turn out nicely.
Other posts you may be interested in: