I thought the other day that I really do not cook using fish often enough.…
Recently I have been trying a number of fish recipes to try and get more fish into my diet. I tried a Fish Stew and a Prawn Risotto. This week I had some prawns so I decided I was going to try a Spanish Style Rice dish. This is more of a tomato based rice dish rather than a paella, but I might try that another time.
It was very quick and easy to make and was full of flavour, although my son did comment that there were not enough prawns in it. Next time I will add more. This is the recipe if you want to give it a try:
Spanish Style Rice Recipe
- 1 onion
- 1 red and one yellow pepper
- A mix of salami, chirozo and garlic sausage slices, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves
- 250g rice
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200g prawns.
- Crush the garlic and add to some oil that has been warmed in a pan
- Chop the onions and peppers and add to the pan, cook gently until soft
- Add the tomatoes, rice and 500 ml water.
- Bring to the boil and cook until the rice is cooked though.
- Stir in the prawns and the chopped salami, chirozo and garlic sausage and cook until warmed though.
Serve with salad and let me know what you think