I love blogger challenges, especially when they involve cooking and I was recently invited to…
A little while ago Cheryl from Madhouse Family Reviews was running a recipe competition. The idea was that you you needed to use the new Amoy Special Selection Soy Sauce to create a recipe. I quickly added an idea to her blog as the first five bloggers to comment received a bottle of the soy sauce. When my bottle of soy sauce arrived I decided I had to use it to create another recipe. My original idea was to marinate chicken breasts in a honey and soy sauce marinade and then grilling them.
Halfway though I decided to chop them into pieces and make more of a stir fry type dish with them. My thinking was that I would like the marinade to cover more of the chicken. It turned out I could have just cooked the chicken breasts without chopping them as the flavour worked really well. I served it with rice but if you grilled the chicken breasts it would be nice served with new potatoes and green beans. If the chicken breasts were left whole it would also work very nicely on a barbecue.
Honey and Soy Sauce Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- Mix the lime juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and runny honey together in a shallow dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in the mixture and leave to marinade for at least four hours, but preferably overnight.
- Chop the onion, mushrooms and pepper and the chicken into pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan and stir fry the chicken. When nearly done add the onions, mushrooms and pepper with the remaining marinade sauce and cook for a few minutes until it is cooked though.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
The result was very nice and my son remarked it was delicious. I will definitely be trying this again.