My Mum used to make a lovely chicken dish that involved a tin of crushed…
Pork and Apricots is one of those meals that my mum used to make for us when we were little. It was a meal that went down well with the whole family as the sweetness of the apricots goes really well with the pork. She handed the recipe to me and it is now a meal that I make on many occasions. It is very simple and easy but it also tastes nice. It is also a meal that can be made in advance when you have guests to stay and looks as if you have made some effort.
This is how I make it:
Pork and Apricots
- Two onions
- 1 lb pork
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tin apricots
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and fry until soft. Place in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Chop the pork into bite sized pieces and fry gently on both sides until brown.
- Add the pork on top of the onions in the casserole dish and season.
- Sprinkle the sage on top of the pork
- Add the tin of apricots into the casserole.
- Cook in a moderate oven (200 C) for an hour.
The dish can be served with rice and salad or potatoes and is a very quick and easy meal.
I’d love to know what you think if you try it.