My Mum used to make a lovely chicken dish that involved a tin of crushed…
I have recently been looking for something a bit more interesting to do with pork than just cooking pork chops in some sort of sauce. I came across a recipe for African Pork in this weeks Aldi magazine which I thought looked rather interesting and summery. I wanted something a little bit more spicy though so I adapted the basic recipe. I added some fresh chilli peppers and some onions into the mix. This was the final result:
It was a lovely fresh fruity recipe with a bit of kick to it. It put me in the mind of Moroccan food and was perfect for a hot summer day. I served it with savoury rice. It would also be great with plain rice and a side salad or maybe some couscous. If you want to try it this is the recipe.
Spicy Peach Pork Recipe
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chilli pepper
- 360g diced pork
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 peaches
- 500 ml orange juice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add some oil in a pan. Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces and fry until soft.
- Add the diced pork and cook until browned.
- Chop the pepper and chilli pepper into cubes and add to the pork.
- Next add the ginger and cinnamon.
- Pour over the orange juice and crumble in the stock cube.
- Bring to the boil, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chop the peaches and tomatoes into pieces and add to the pan.
- Cook for another 15 minutes then serve with rice.
My son and husband both enjoyed this dish and I will definitely make it again. If you try it let me know what you think.