My Mum used to make a lovely chicken dish that involved a tin of crushed…
I love pork chops but sometimes I find they can be a little dry. I find that this Pork Chops with Honey recipe gives the chops a lovely sweet flavour which combines nicely with the apples. This is a recipe that my mum used to make and it has quickly become a family favourite. It is really simple to make and quick to make. My son is not a great lover of pork chops but he loves this recipe and always clears his plate when I make this.
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- ½ lb apples
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the chops.
- Brown both sides lightly in a little hot fat.
- Place in a casserole dish
- Cover the chops with thinly sliced peeled and cored apples, thinly sliced onion and the herbs.
- Pour the honey over the top.
- Cover the casserole dish and cook at 350 F, 180 C, Gas Mark 4 for 45 minutes.
Serve with a good helping of the apples. The dish can be served with new potatoes and green beans or mash.
If you try it I would love to know what you think.