Home made raspberry ripple ice cream is easy to make and perfect to eat on…
This home made raspberry ice cream is simple to make and very tasty. A great way to use up raspberries.
A couple of weeks ago I found that ice cream makers were on offer at Aldi so I bought one. I had been wondering about making my own ice-cream for a while and this seemed a good opportunity to try it. I had no idea how an ice cream maker worked and did worry that it would be left hanging around in a cupboard unused. I have used it several times now and the ice cream tastes really nice. The benefit of home made ice cream is you know there are no artificial ingredients in it.
The ice cream maker is really easy to use but it does need a bit of preparation. The bowl of the ice cream maker needs to be frozen for at least 24 hours before you make the ice cream. You also need to prepare the ingredients in advance and chill for at least four hours. If you are in a rush to make ice cream when you have just bought your ice cream maker this is a little frustrating. I now put the bowl in the freezer in advance, mix up the ingredients before I go to work and when I come home I can make ice cream for dessert. Mixing the ice cream takes about 15 – 30 minutes depending on the consistency you want.
Raspberry Ice Cream
This weekend I decided to make raspberry ice cream as raspberries are in season. I was very pleased at how well it turned out, it was full of taste. Having mastered this raspberry ice cream recipe I think I shall experiment with more exotic varieties, cake and jelly bean ice cream maybe?
Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 egg yolks
- 70g icing sugar
- 200ml milk
- 200ml whipping cream
- 300g raspberries
- Whip the whipping cream until it is stiff
- In a separate bowl mix the egg yolks and icing sugar until they are creamy.
- Add the milk to the egg mixture and mix.
- Add the egg mixture to the whipped cream and mix.
- Purée the raspberries until soft and mix into the egg and cream mixture.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for about four hours and then add to the ice cream maker.
- Follow the ice cream maker instructions, mix for about 15 – 30 minutes until the right consistency.
- Serve and enjoy.