Recently I have been wondering about cooking up a Spanish Style feast and creating a…
Recently I was challenged by Flora to come up with a budget family recipe that cost less than £10 and used Gold from Flora as part of the recipe. Gold from Flora is a blend of butter and Flora which provides a more creamy taste. I am sure you have seen the ad where the dad is dancing around the kitchen and his children managed to capture his antics on video. I am not about to start dancing around the kitchen but I did come up with a recipe for Spanish Chicken. It uses paprika to add a bit of spice to the dish and the tomato and paprika flavour was a big hit with all my family.
The ingredients were as follows:
- 1 onion = £0.25
- 1 tin tomatoes = £0.35
- 1 bulb garlic = £0.30
- 1 tin sweetcorn = 0.25
- 1 red pepper = £0.69
- 1 jar paprika = £1.00
- 1 bag white rice = £0.45
- Gold from Flora = £1.50
- Chicken Fillets = £4.02
- a bag plain flour = £0.55
The total came to £9.36
I have assumed that you have none of these ingredients in the cupboard and need to buy them all. There will also be plenty of flour, paprika and rice left to use in another dish if you wish. Spanish Chicken is very easy to make, after frying the onions, garlic, peppers and chicken coated with paprika and flour in the Gold from Flora, everything goes into a casserole dish and is left to cook in the oven. I served mine with rice, it would also go nicely with new potatoes or a side salad.
I have also done a video to set out the steps in the recipe, I would love to know what you think.
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Flora Gold
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 red pepper
- 1 400 g tin tomatoes
- 1 small tin sweetcorn
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 180C Gas Mark 4
- Chop the onion, garlic and pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the Flora Gold in a pan until melted, fry the onion, garlic and pepper until soft and place in a casserole dish
- Mix the paprika and flour together in a bowl.
- Chop the chicken into pieces and coat with the paprika and flour mix.
- Fry the coated chicken pieces until brown and add to the cassrole dish.
- Put the lid on the casserole and bake in the oven for an hour.